Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Bodyweight-Only Total Body Strength

Dear Blenders,

I’ve got another unconventional prehab routine coming your way! Today, let’s focus on the total body with several new, compound movements featured here: 

Bodyweight Only Total Body Strength

By now, several of you have experienced the incredible effects that comes with increased mobility. And when you combine it with functional strengthening exercises, you’ll be even more amazed! Together these exercises challenge your control and endurance, ultimately strengthening way more than just your muscles and core. 

This workout features new twists on some old favorites, like the single leg bridge and high knee holds. You can always grab ankle weights or dumbbells to increase the intensity, but I suggest moving through it at least once as is to know which exercises would benefit from added weight. 

I filmed this routine without shoes or socks, and I gotta admit that it made one heck of a difference. During my practice rounds, I filmed some exercises with shoes and others with socks and felt this routine was maybe a Level 2, possibly a 2.75. However, practicing barefoot forced me to use the small, often weak muscles in my arches and calves. I loved how it changed my body mechanics and stability, too. Try it out and let me know it goes for you! 

- Kayla