Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Finished FB Flex 2 (+ lessons learned)!!

Just wrapped up FB Flex 2!! I had to do part of this program chair-bound to accommodate a broken right foot. About halfway through the program, I transitioned out of my aircast boot and have been trialing and erroring my way through recovery and rehab. Happy to share that while I can't yet do weighted lower body exercises, I have been able to stand while doing weighted upper body and can even do low impact cardio at a slow - medium speed.

I learned so many things from doing this program. Even though I've been working out with FB for a LONG time (since 2015? 2016?), this is actually only the second program I've managed to finish on time. I realized that much of this had to do with a perception in my head that I had to do the movements and workouts "perfectly," but that actually just created more anxiety in my mind and kept me from simply showing up and getting it done with consistency. 3x per week is a great, manageable cadence for me, and it allows my foot and mind to rest and recover. I'm so happy to have learned these lessons, and I will admit that the day I was able to do low impact jumping jacks, I teared up. It's incredible how much I took my mobility for granted before -- never again! Hoping that in a few months, I will be even closer to having a full range of motion.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Edited