Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Flex 2 with a broken foot

Hi all! I'm on week 2 of FB Flex 2, and am taking this on from a seated position because I currently have a broken foot. It took me some time to figure out how to work out in a chair, especially non-weight bearing lower body workouts.

Thought to share some observations I've had, in case it's helpful to anyone out there:

1. Not using your lower body means zero compensation. I have to lower the weights I was using while seated because I cannot use the other half of my body to help me hoist those 12 and 15 lb-ers above my head! It's HARD, and I can tell that my UB is not as strong as I thought it was previously.

2. Adjust, adjust, adjust. So many UB workouts have lower body components. I choose to only do the upper body motions during these segments, and if it's a cardio segment that is only lower body, I will do UB boxing drills as a replacement. It took me awhile to get used to this because I typically had a monkey see, monkey do approach to FB workouts.

3. Transitioning from seat to floor while injured. Ok, this is a tough one. Very often, UB workouts transition from standing to floor in order to work opposite muscle groups in sets. I press pause on the workout and gently slide off of my chair and (softly) on to the ground. I try to choose workouts that don't have too many transitions, but with FB Flex 2, it's whatever is scheduled that day.

Hope this is useful to anyone else living that boot or cast life! My arms are pretty sore, so I think it's working FWIW!