HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 24th 🐌💪

Oops, late start to the thread today, I'm off work today and slept longer! So, while I get my brain warmed up to chat with all of you, I'll reiterate what Toasty mentioned during our self-care Sunday (yesterday): everyone's welcome to all the accountability threads on the forum. Each of us has a different vibe, but we're there to make sure you can find a welcoming and supportive environment on your fitness journey.

My thought for the day is on progress: if you think you're not making progress, just imagine where you'd be if you hadn't done any of this!

A lot of times we imagine where we'd like to be, or where we ought to be in some idealized world. But we have to remember that we live in this world, and that means working hard, suffering setbacks, giving our best effort and coming through to where we are. So celebrate each step that's brought you here. I've illustrated that, above, with a snail (CK: the meme has jumped threads 🤣🤣🤣).

Now it's time for me to go make progress outdoors. I've got work to do harvesting and drying my garlic, and I need to get on with my climbing squash project. And I want to check out Daniel's new beginner workout, "intro to functional movement". As I heal up my back, I've been wanting to reeducate my muscles in the alignment they need, so why not be a beginner for a day? As a bonus, in the write-up, Daniel asks for motivation stories, that fits really well with today's thought and I'm going to post mine over there at https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/32118/new-workout-beginner-total-body-workout-intro-to-functional-movement

Wishing everyone a mellow Monday or perhaps a mighty Monday, depending on what suits you today.

Edited