Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Cardio and Core Supersets

Good morning! Cardio and core with a twist, anyone? 

Cardio and Core Supersets

Throughout our entire workout (just 20 minutes in total!), nearly all exercises will focus on sculpting the core — even the cardio movements as many of them are unilateral and require careful coordination. The fun part about this workout is that we use a bench for the exercises to add a new twist! To do this workout as intended, I recommend you use a bench as I am, however, if you do not have access to one or are traveling, I share ways to complete it without one by just using the floor. You may find that your range of motion is more limited, but it will not hold you back from a sweaty sesh!

We have 5 supersets, the first exercise in each is a core exercise and the second is a cardio exercise. Each is completed for 45 seconds back-to-back before a 30-second rest. After we get through one round, we will take a water break and come back for round 2. Your warm-up and cool-down are included.

The routine is rated a 4 in difficulty because a decent level of coordination is required for the cardio movements and many of those are also higher-intensity/impact. However, I do share modifications on those so they can be made low-impact and feel more toned down. We want to stay safe while using this extra prop! :) 

I really enjoyed bringing out my bench to add a new dynamic to cardio and core work!! Looking forward to meeting you on screen and having you give it a try for yourself!

xxErica