Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Pilates-Inspired Glute Circuit

Hi everyone! I hope your day is off to a great start. The workout I’m sharing with you today is 38 minutes in total and can serve as a longer add-on workout or it can be completed as a stand-alone. Depending on what way you’re using it and if you plan to add any additional forms of resistance, the difficulty can range from a 3 to a 5. 

Pilates-Inspired Glute Circuit

Another key highlight of this workout is that there is no standing, it all takes place on your mat! I start us out with a thorough glute and hip mobility and activation warm-up to ensure our hips are opened and ready to support the glutes. It also ensures that our glutes are turned on and ready to roll. For the workout, we travel through a circuit of 8 exercises and complete it 3 times at an interval of 45 seconds active and 15 seconds rest. Your cool-down is included at the end as well. 

When selecting the exercises for this circuit, I made sure to recruit full glute functionality by working them from many angles. You’ll see various body positioning to accomplish this as well as a mix of static and dynamic movements. 

As we were wrapping up the 2nd round, I made a spur-of-the-moment decision for myself that I wanted to increase the challenge and incorporate some ankle weights. At that time I encouraged you to do the same by adding ankle weights or a glute band for some added resistance. By no means are you required to do this or use any equipment for this workout — the exercises can feel very tough all on their own — especially if you’re adding it to another workout that already touched on the glutes. This serves as an important reminder for all of us to listen to our own bodies during any workout, despite how the workout is written or what the instructor is doing on-screen. 

I look forward to seeing how you utilize this workout in your schedule! It’s a well-rounded routine for anyone who wants to focus on their glutes for a number of reasons. 

xxErica