Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Athletic-Inspired Nonstop Endurance Cardio and Core

Hey FB family! Want a break from HIIT but still seeking cardio? Take a peek below!

Athletic-Inspired Nonstop Endurance Cardio and Core

The primary focus of this routine is steady-state cardio to focus on longevity of endurance. With this comes fewer spikes of the heart rate followed by a recovery interval and instead keeps our heart rate elevated, but at a more moderate pace throughout. Your only formal break will be the water break at the halfway point of the workout! In the write-up, I share more about how this type of cardio differs from HIIT.

The workout has your warm-up and cool-down seamlessly built into the beginning and end of it without any interruption. I think you’ll enjoy how natural this feels! The workout itself is structured in 2-minute intervals, alternating between an endurance and core exercise. During every interval at the 1-minute mark, I will offer up a way to progress the exercise we’re on if you’re looking to advance things. If not, you’re welcome to stay with the lower-intensity/impact version. 

The only equipment you’ll need is a mat or supportive surface along with supportive shoes, especially if you’re doing the harder versions of the movements. Although we will be focusing on a steady pace, you’ll be improving your agility and coordination along the way as many of the cardio-based exercises are inspired by athletic drills. 

Feel like an athlete and come get your sweat on! 

xxErica