M
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Floor only workouts?

Hi there! (Long post ahead. TLDR: looking for purely laying down workouts)

I’ve been doing fitness blender on and off for almost a decade now, and late last year had really started to make progress. I then got covid just after NYE, and have since developed long covid.

In order to prevent day- long crashes where I can’t get out of bed, I have to keep my heart rate below 100bpm. Walking slowly pushes it to 95bpm, so after some googling I’m trying to do workouts where I’m lying down to keep my heart rate down while still rebuilding my everything. (I get post exertional malaise or PEM when my heart rate goes about 100 for more than a few minutes and then I’m out for days or weeks if I really stuffed up).

Can anyone suggest any good laying down workouts? I’ve done a few so far and it’s been awesome to exercise for the first time in 5 months without feeling wrecked afterwards. My problem is that I can’t have any standing or kneeling or my heart rate peaks and I have to stop. I can’t think of too many of my favourite workouts that don’t have HIIT or even some standing, and I’m not sure how to search for “floor based only no standing” workouts

So, after this long rambling post, if you have any suggestions for your favourite floor only workouts I’d love to hear them.

I unfortunately don’t have a subscription and will, at least for the immediate term, need to do only free workouts. Because of my severe fatigue I can’t work so cash is super tight.

My hope is that after a few months of floor workouts I can build up better tolerances for “heavier” stuff… like walking 🤣