Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Nonstop Smooth Cardio with Core Intermission

Hey hey! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the current pace of your fitness routine. Here's your latest workout: 

Nonstop Smooth Cardio with Core Intermission

In all reality, sometimes we can get caught up in overtraining by scheduling and completing too many intensive workouts in a row, or by forgetting to work in those rest and active recovery days. I know that I’m the first to admit that it can be tough to find that fine line between the two! In the workout write-up today, I’ve shared some red flags that may indicate you need more active recovery/rest integrated into your workout flow. 

If any part of this topic nudges you or if you’re searching for your next active recovery workout, then today’s new release will be a wonderful addition for you. One of the beauties of this bodyweight-only, low-impact, and smooth cardio routine is that you can mix it 2 ways — first, as a slower-moving active recovery workout or, second, as a higher-intensity extra-sweaty cardio workout! I won’t tempt you though, on-screen I keep it slower-moving myself. Depending on what you choose, this could turn out to be a level 3 or 4 workout. 

The interesting and different aspect of this routine is that it is nonstop, there are no rests other than your one water break. This requires increased mindfulness and pacing on your part. We go through one list of 13 total body cardio exercises, immediately into a short core intermission and then we take our rest. When we come back from the water break, we will repeat the cardio exercises once more, but complete them in reverse order. The workout itself is sandwiched between a warm-up and a cool-down. 

In true Erica fashion, we slip in some balance work and put a twist on traditional exercises to keep you learning more about your body. Here’s to being minutes away from feeling rejuvenated, naturally energized, and more limber! 

xxErica