c
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Fundamentals - what to do next?

Hi all,

I am coming back to try and build the habit of working out after ~2 year hiatus from being consistent. Within the two years I've tried a few times - I've gone through a few cycles of few weeks here, few weeks there. What usually ends up being successful for me is starting extremely slow to build the habit and positive association with exercise. If I jump in too fast I end up avoiding it and giving up.

Prior to two years ago, I had a few really good years where I was in the best shape of my adult life. I was exercising consistently a few days a week, lost 30 lbs, my mental health was much better, I felt great. I did a few of the FB programs but I was in much better shape then. Then I had a big shift in my personal life that caused me to fall off track. Gained back the 30 lbs, mental health not great. Anyway, I wanted to include my background in case anyone could relate. I feel frustrated that I lost my progress and my habits that made me feel so good!

Currently, I've had a few really good weeks of starting FB Fundamentals, doing lots of walking and stretching. I'd like to build back some of the muscle that I lost but I'm not sure if that's a good next goal for how out of shape I am currently. I want to make sure I stick to the slow and stready increase.

Any program recommendations (I have FB Plus), advice, shared frustration is more than appreciated!