Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Low-Impact Kickboxing-Inspired Cardio Toning

Hey team! Who is missing some cardio kickboxing in their life? 

Low-Impact Kickboxing-Inspired Cardio Toning

Every time I do a kickboxing routine I am reminded of how much I love it! The mental and physical coordination it requires makes the focus intense and the time fly by. This routine should leave you feeling powerful, very sweaty, and pleasantly surprised by your efforts.

Many of the exercises will stem from traditional kickboxing movement patterns while some will have their own flare. We’ll complete 2 rounds of 18 exercises at an interval of 40 seconds active and 10 seconds rest. The 1st round will be bodyweight only and in the 2nd round, you’ll have the choice to use optional light hand weights (I used 3 lbs) to slow down the movements and make them feel more strength-based. We top off the workout with a 4-minute core finisher that continues the kickboxing theme :) Your warm-up and cool-down are included. 

If you bring your all to this workout it will definitely feel like a level 5 although, if you read the write up, I share ways to adjust the intensity/modify as well as plenty of tips to set you up for success. Either way, I encourage you to do this workout when you’re feeling ready to bring the heat and burn some energy! This routine left me sore in a new combination of places and reminds me yet again of the importance of stepping outside our comfort zone and switching up the workouts we do. It’s both empowering and inspiring! I hope you choose to join me on the screen soon. 

xxErica