Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Double Resistance Legs and Glutes

Hey Fitness Blender Fam! I’ve got a treat for your lower body today :) 

Double Resistance Legs and Glutes

Double resistance means that we will be simultaneously using a resistance loop and dumbbells for many of the exercises in today’s workout. We’re going to load it up and manage the weight from both fixed (dumbbell) and varied resistance (band). It will tone and strengthen all leg muscles as well as many angles of your glutes. Adding a band to lower body strength exercises is a next-step way to practice progressive overload without having to increase the weight of your dumbbells. As we continue on our fitness journey, it’s wise to continue testing our limits to stimulate greater muscle growth and improve our performance. This is a great way to do so!

In hindsight, I realized that my bright yellow top was hinting at a workout that had some zing to it ;) 

From the very beginning, we will warm up with the resistance loop on and start slow with mobility exercises for the hips, glutes, legs, and ankles. For the 28-minute workout, we will be traveling through one group of exercises with most exercises being completed twice before moving on. The majority of the exercises will use both the band and dumbbells, but some will just be with the band. There will be a water break midway through and a cool down at the end. 

Upon first reading this, you may be thinking that this workout is too challenging. I want to remind you that you can always use lighter weights, none at all, or even take off the band! There are levels to how you can approach this workout and each exercise as it comes. Who knows, you just may fall in love with this double resistance training?! 

I’ll be there to walk you through it!

xxErica