Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout! Slow Tempo Lower Body Strength

Hey FB Family!

I wanted to share a workout I love to incorporate a few times a month - the Slow Tempo Lower Body Strength Workout

This workout will challenge you and help you gain strength effectively. Slowing down your movements can force your muscles to work harder for extended periods, leading to more significant muscle growth and increased strength. I use this style of training often and have seen great results.

Before we get started, we'll warm up with a few exercises at a slower pace than the workout tempo. This will help warm your muscles and prepare you for the more challenging exercises. The warm-up consists of bodyweight squats, lunges, foot sweeps, and bodyweight glute bridges.

Now, let's dive into the workout itself! You'll need a pair of dumbbells for this workout. I recommend a light, medium, and heavy option for this workout. You'll be performing various exercises using a 3/2/3/1 tempo. This tempo is challenging but effective for building strength and increasing muscle growth.

The exercises in this workout target multiple muscle groups, so you'll get a full-body workout. First are goblet squats, which target your quads, glutes, and hamstrings. After that, you'll move on to split squats, stiff leg deadlifts, calf raises, lateral lunges, glute bridges, and alternating reverse lunges. Each exercise is performed for 45 seconds, followed by a 15-second rest, and you'll complete three sets of each exercise before moving on to the next.

Next is the Tabata finisher, which consists of dumbbell sumo squats and weighted jump squats. This high-intensity interval training will add little cardio and change the pace of our workout.

Finally, it's time to cool down with some stretches to help release muscle tension and increase flexibility. These stretches include standing hamstring stretches, quadricep stretches, pigeon stretches, calf stretches, and figure four stretches. Take time with these stretches and take deep breaths to help your body relax.

Overall, this workout is a fun and challenging way to gain strength and work for multiple muscle groups. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced, this workout is a great way to challenge yourself and improve your leg strength.

So, grab your dumbbells, and let's get to work!