Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout! Bodyweight Cardio for Stress Relief

Hey There Blenders!

Whenever I’ve got a lot on my mind, it’s helpful to get out of my brain and into my body. Today’s workout release is a great way to reduce stress with movement:

Bodyweight Cardio for Stress Relief

It’s not always easy to carve out time for yourself, especially if stress is coming from a seemingly endless to-do list. That’s why I kept this workout to 35 minutes, including your warmup and even an extended cooldown!

Stress causes so much havoc inside the body – from digestive issues, to hormone imbalance, to high blood pressure, and more. That being said, the goal with our movement is to choose something that will decrease stress, rather than increase it. Workouts like HIIT and heavy strength training may be a good energy release in the moment, but can lead to increased stress hormone (cortisol) in the body, further exacerbating the stress. So it’s best to avoid those when you’re feeling extra frazzled.

This workout incorporates moderate-intensity cardio, mobility intermissions, and a teensy dose of mindfulness to keep you focused. It’s just enough to increase your feel-good endorphins and release tension in your body. And better yet? No exercises in the main workout will be repeated so you’re never bored.

I hope you’ll join me for this one today (or when you need it most)!

See you on the screen,

Nicole