Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bored Easily Core Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

This under 30-minute, core-focused routine progresses in difficulty from one circuit to the next:

Bored Easily Core Circuits

Although there are no repeat exercises, circuits 2 and 3 contain more advanced variations of the five moves you start with in circuit 1, challenging your core muscles to maintain proper form as they grow increasingly fatigued. Due to the complexity of some of the exercises and this progressive format, the workout is rated as a level 4 but could feel like a level 3 if you’re accustomed to the exercises/consistently include targeted core strength work in your training regimen.

Each circuit includes a combination of prone (plank) and supine (face up) exercises that increase activation of the transverse abdominus — the deep stabilizing abdominal muscles that wrap around your mid-section like a barrel and improve functional strength and performance. Oftentimes we can “turn on” our core muscles with a slight pelvic tuck (imagine bringing the top of your pelvic bones towards the bottom of your ribcage). This slight adjustment usually helps with overall core engagement and improves the mind-muscle connection that diminishes as we fly through reps of core exercises.

I like to include at least two quick weekly sessions of core-focused work amongst my other training workouts. Sometimes I tack these core routines onto other strength or running workouts or tackle them as standalones but, honestly, sometimes the core training count is zero for me. This is an area of my fitness that I’m working on! I used to teach so many core classes when I was an in-person instructor — I think I’m still recovering from core class burnout, haha.

Let us know your favorite and least favorite moves! I currently have a strong aversion to geckos.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha