Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Total Body Strength and Cardio Endurance Conditioning

Good morning FB Family!

Are you ready to put your stamina to the test? I’ll imagine that you said “yes” and are celebrating today’s workout release:

Total Body Strength and Cardio Rounds

In this workout, you will complete two minutes of cardio exercises before tackling one-minute interval pairs of weighted strength exercises. The relatively long intervals of work will challenge both your cardiovascular and musculoskeletal systems to sustain a moderate effort while combatting accumulated fatigue. And you get to see me unsuccessfully wipe up my sweat puddles a couple of times during the workout. The attempts are comical at best.

Endurance/conditioning-focused workouts are tougher for me than the short bursts of work I enjoy in HIIT or sprinting workouts. I will sprint all day (an impossible feat but my love for speed is strong enough to delude me into thinking that I can). The mental component of enduring longer bouts of work is more challenging for me than the physical aspect. I know I can physically make it through the intervals, but I have to convince my mind to want to do it, haha. Workouts like this one are not only crucial to improving your physical capacity for performance improvements, but also strengthen your mental integrity for difficult workouts.

Let us know how this workout goes for you in the comment section below! Do you enjoy longer intervals of work? Do you have any mantras on repeat to help you through the intervals? I occasionally pump myself up out loud during my workouts/runs. Indoors or outdoors, there are almost always people around while I’m talking to myself. I like to think that I’m cheering someone else on, too while I push myself (I could also be annoying or concerning them).

See you on the screen!

-Tasha