Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Level 5 Workout! Strength and Cardio Pairs

Good morning FB Family!

Are you in the mood for a high-heart-rate sweat fest that will test your stamina and mental grit? If so, today’s level 5 release could be just what you need for a fun strength and cardio challenge:

Strength and Cardio Pairs

The workout includes three supersets circuits alternated with three AMRAP circuits (as many rounds as possible), both of which include one cardio and one strength-focused exercise. For the supersets, you will complete three rounds of both exercises with minimal rest between efforts. During the ARMAPs, your goal is to climb up the reps ladder for the second exercise in the pair, the strength move. The first exercise is a cardio move with a fixed rep count. You will continuously alternate between move 1 and move 2 in each AMRAP, pacing yourself and determining your own breaks. Although there are weights and strength-forward exercises included in this workout, this routine is primarily a feat of cardiovascular endurance due to the exercise selection, format, and sequencing.

As I’m sure you already know, my buckets of sweat were an impediment throughout the workout. Sneaker squeaks, slippery palms, blurry eyeballs, sweaty handprints on my spandex – everything happened. Despite the loss of all my breakfast water, I thoroughly enjoyed filming this workout! I can’t say it enough – I love a challenge. Ignore my occasional glares at the camera.

Although this is a level 5 workout, I offer modifications and alternatives throughout the video. Always remember that you ultimately determine the intensity level of your workouts! You can decrease your weights, cadence, and choose exercise alternatives to bring the workout to a more moderate level of effort.

Read the write-up before you press play! And let us know how the workout goes for you. Would you like to see more level 5 workouts?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha