Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! 12–Minute Bodyweight Low-Impact HIIT

Hey Fitness Blenders!

For all the low-impact lovers out there, I’ve got a HIIT finisher routine just for you – 

12-Minute Bodyweight Low-Impact HIIT

An FB Plus member recently brought to my attention that there aren’t many quick add-on HIIT workouts that are also low-impact so I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to create one! Because, sometimes, you don’t want the entire 30-40 minute low-impact workout and just want a short burst.

I kept this workout to 12 minutes in length – super short and sweet (and likely a bit sweaty!) — so you can easily pop it onto the end of another workout. For that reason there is no warmup and cooldown so, if you plan to do this workout on its own, just be sure to add those in.

The format is tabata (a personal favorite) so we have minimal downtime. I’ve also included core intermissions in place of a long rest so we can make the most of our time together. You can expect lots of fun, no-jump movements to get your heart rate up, as well as wrist-friendly core exercises.

You don’t need any equipment at all but I will offer the option to use light dumbbells if you'd like to take this routine from a level 3 to a 4.

I personally love add-on workouts, specifically for core and cardio! It’s a great way to offer variety in a workout session if you want to mix it up, and also challenge yourself to exert that last bit of energy.

Who’s ready to tackle this one with me? See you there :)
-Nicole