Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout: Descending Upper Body Strength Ladder with Cardio Bursts

Hello hello FB fam! 

I’ve got a fiery new workout to share with you today:

Descending Upper Body Strength Ladder with Cardio Bursts

The predominant focus of this workout is upper body strength and due to the unique ladder format, it’s an approachable way to push more work out of your muscles without torturing yourself. I wove in some cardio bursts because, well, they’re fun (as fun as they can be! haha) and because they serve as an opportunity to increase your heart rate while also being a temporary distraction from the constant focus of upper body strength training. If this combo interests you, keep reading! 

In total, we’ll be completing 10 pairs of exercises. The 1st exercise in each pair will be an upper body strength exercise and the 2nd exercise will be a bodyweight cardio exercise. As I shared above, the majority of our focus will be on strength so with that being said, each upper body strength exercise will be done in the following ladder format: 45 seconds active / 10 seconds rest / 30 seconds active / 10 seconds rest / 15 seconds active / 10 seconds rest. Following that, we’ll complete a cardio exercise for 30 seconds active and then get 20 seconds of rest before the next strength exercise begins. It will move quickly and dynamically! A thorough warm-up and cool-down are included along with low-impact modifications as needed.

This workout is mentally easier to approach because we’re descending in interval time but at the same time, we’re squeezing lots of effort out of those muscles by taking those short rest breaks before working the same muscle again. We will be hitting all major muscle groups in the upper body: back, chest, shoulders, triceps, and biceps. 

I can’t wait to tackle this one with you! See you on screen :) 

xxErica