Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

feeling overwhelmed by amount of new workouts and team expansion

Hi folks,

I recently read Kelli's thread about upcoming changes. I was pretty bumped about reading that the majority of users want to have new programs with all exclusive workouts (I guess that means workouts that never have been included in programs before). So I guess that's also the explanation why the amount of the new releases is constantly increasing. I don't like this direction.

I realized that with the latest addition to the team I wasn't excited about it (Aly being an exception because I like Yoga). I also don't really follow or get excited about new workout releases any more. I like sticking to programs but I basically never ever finish them in the suggested time. That means I have almost the whole year planned already with older programs and challenges I like to do. Plus I like coming back to workouts and programs I enjoyed doing before. The amount of new content gives me a feeling of the content being disposable. It's so much I won't ever have to chance to give it all a go. It's so much it's impossible to revisit routines I liked because there will be so much new stuff realeased in the meantime.

I would honestly very much prefer not more than two new releases per week, revisiting older and popular workouts in programs and also no further expansion of the team. I absolutely believe that they are all super nice and competent people and have wonderful point of views from which I could definitely profit. It's just that I can't see how to tune in with three new people at once. And do four new workouts a week when I'm mostly working out only three days a week anyway.

It might be a little pointless to voice that opinion as I'm apparently in the minority with it. But I do feel rather strong about it as I feel it's really contra the vibe I used to get and appreciate from this company: straightforward yet holistic, very approachable and not overwhelming. The amount of new content right now is overwhleming for me and I would really like to be excited about new workouts and trainers but it's just not happening. I understand that you need to create new content to stay relevant but right now I just feel like I can't take the time to value it at all leaving me with the feeling of the content being disposable.

So I decided to write down these thoughts and ask about your opinions. Do you feel similar? Do you like the amount of new releases? How do you manage to incorporate them in your schedules and still revisit older workouts you like?