Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body HIIT, Strength, and Cardio

Good morning FB Family!

As soon as I finished filming the Lower Body HIIT, Strength, and Cardio workout I starting planning its upper body counterpart:

Upper Body HIIT, Strength, and Cardio

This workout follows the same format as the lower body routine. You kick everything off with a high intensity interval training (HIIT) circuit to increase blood flow and prepare your muscles for the strength circuits that follow. The workout ends with a cardio circuit with longer work intervals than included in the preceding strength and HIIT circuits - 45 seconds compared to the 30 second intervals. Sandwiching the strength work between heart-pumping efforts helps train your body to efficiently adapt to varying intensities and cardiovascular/muscular demands. Plus, the structure of the workout is just downright fun.

I’ve been on a filming spree lately, dodging lawncare and writing whiteboards galore! I evaded lawncare for a good two weeks until this workout. They came out of nowhere! Thankfully, they weren’t near my window until I stopped recording. I hit “stop” and it sounded like a thousand weed whackers had descended upon my building. By the way, is it weed wacker or weed whacker? Or weed eater? And do I need new dry erase markers and more whiteboards? (Answer: Always yes.)

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this routine as much as you enjoyed the lower body version! Engage your core, pick up some heavy (for you) weights, and sweat your way to the end!

See you on the screen!

-Tasha