Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Total Body Workout for Better Body Image

Good Morning Fitness Blenders!

Our body image affects our life in many ways, from how we exercise to how we show up in our day to day life. Today’s workout release combines an intentional format with empowering messaging to promote better body image.

Total Body Workout to Boost Body Image

Old-school fitness industry messaging told us there was an “ideal” body shape/size and that there was a certain “look” to being healthy. I’m so glad we’re moving more towards body neutrality and all bodies being good bodies, but there’s always work to do on our own body image.

This workout is relaxed in nature with a combination of low-impact cardio and “pick your own” strength training. You’ll be encouraged to listen to your body, choosing what feels best instead of pushing through something that doesn’t serve you. This simple act builds self-trust and works to improve body image. Along with movement, I’ve built in messaging and opportunities to check in with yourself, notice any judgment, and be intentional with your movement.

My own personal body image has changed a lot throughout my life. When I was younger (high school/college) I always felt like I was striving for a certain look; that my body “should” look a certain way to be healthy. That was exhausting. Over time, I’ve learned that what is most important is how I feel and function in my body. After having gone through setbacks, injuries, and two pregnancies, I’ve come to respect my body for reasons outside of what’s on the surface - something I’m proud of, yet always working on!

How has your body image changed or affected you? If you feel comfortable, I’d love to hear in the comments!

Nicole