Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body Strength and Cardio With Tempo Training

Good morning FB Family!

This straightforward upper body strength routine focuses on tempo to provide just the right amount of challenge for an energizing workout:

Upper Body Strength and Cardio: With Eccentric Tempo Training

We slow it down just a little bit in the strength circuits to focus on the eccentric phase (muscle lengthening) of each exercise and enhance the mind-muscle connection. Conversely, we quicken the pace and rev up the heartrate during the short cardio circuits. Alternating between these two opposing training modalities (slow strength versus fast cardio) is a great way to increase the challenge of a lifting-forward workout, increase (potentially) the calorie burn, and bump up the fun factor.

I love throwing workouts like this into the mix of my training regimen, because I still get to push myself to lift heavy (for me) but don’t lift to complete muscle fatigue or failure. Don’t get me wrong, if you’re looking for muscle growth and increased strength, the “burn” and (safe) struggle to complete the last reps of an exercise in a set are necessary but not essential for every single training session. I like to think of this workout as a “live to lift another day” style workout – you should feel sufficiently challenged but not entirely depleted.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this workout and find a nice space for it within your own training schedule.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha