Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Yoga Video! Slow Vinyasa with Moving Meditation

Re-align your body, breath and mind with this total-body, all-levels Vinyasa Yoga Flow! Grounding into presence with a warming visualization meditation, we will gently transition into a mindful movement practice, leaving you feeling rested and more at ease. 

Slow Vinyasa Yoga for All Levels

While every nervous system and body is different and will respond differently to this moving meditation practice, my intention with this flow is to help you access a blissful state of inner ease and presence. 

Beginning on our backs, we will take our time to ground, breathe, and shift our focus internally; first starting with a body scan and then transitioning over to a guided, visualization meditation. Keeping the visual image from our meditation as our anchor to presence, we will begin to move intuitively, through a slow-moving series of flowy, foundational postures. After taking the time to gently warm the body and integrate the breath with our movements, we will take this practice to a standing position, where we will explore repetitive, foundational movements. I know I meet a lot of resistance when repeating a series of postures, and if you experience resistance there as well, I encourage you to take this opportunity to not just tune-in and move your body how it wants to move, but to move from a place of ease and conscious breathing. Without having to focus too much on the complexity of the poses, or if I’m doing them “right,” I was able to access a deeper level of presence and connection with myself; as a result, I felt extremely peaceful by the end of the practice. I hope that you are able to find that for yourself, as well! After our peak and re-centering portions of the flow, we will come full circle and close our practice on our backs, with some static stretches designed to wind everything down. 

In my experience with my personal practice, I have found meditation extremely challenging. I struggle to sit still, and above all I struggle to still my mind. While I am by no means a perfect meditator, I have learned several useful tips that I would like to share with you, in the hopes that you find them beneficial in your own meditation practice: 

• My first tip is to move. Yup. That’s right. I said the opposite of what you were thinking. Let your wiggles out. The more you try to restrain yourself, the less likely you’ll come back to practice meditating again. So if you grow uncomfortable in a position or need to shake something out, do it. With this practice, I start us off in a stillness meditaion, that slowly evolves to a moving meditation. I know for me, adding intentional movement to my practice can make a huge difference in helping me to slow the never-ending thoughts. 
  • Did you notice in that last tip I described our thoughts as “never-ending?” It is completely normal to have a consistent stream of consciousness! Our goal with meditation isn’t to suppress or restrain those thoughts; the goal isn’t even to completely clear our minds. Our goal is to come to presence, and to bring awareness to the moments that we start to chase those thoughts down the rabbit holes. I like to imagine my thoughts on little sailboats floating down a steady stream. When I notice myself pursuing a thought, I bring my mind back to the stream and watch the thought float on by. 
  • The last tip I’d like to share is be patient and compassionate with yourself. No matter how frequent you practice meditation, we will all experience moments that are tougher than others. Know that it is normal and perfectly okay to have days where the practice feels like a breeze, and others where the practice feels like a drag. Just keep showing up. <3

I hope these tips help, and if you have any meditation tips for me I’d love to read them in the comments below! Let me know if you enjoyed this style of practice, as well, and if you’d like to see more videos like this one! 

With love, 

Marina