Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Power with Cardio Active Recovery Pairs

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout release was a fun sweatfest for me! Alternate between power-driven strength moves and active recovery cardio exercises in this slip and slide level 5 routine:

Power with Cardio Active Recovery Pairs

The level 5 rating for this workout comes from the format (minimal rest), sequencing (heart-pumping power followed by cardio), and the exercise selections (moves that require a lot of coordination and body awareness). Although an intense workout, you can still swap out and/or modify the exercises to reflect your current fitness level and preferences. Make sure to review the write-up for exercise alternatives as well as advice on how to approach the power-driven moves.

You will oscillate between a high and moderate heartrate in this interval training style workout. Focus on being in control of your breath while being out of breath, a huge part of which is reliant on an even breathing rate and intentional mental preparation during exercise transitions.

My favorite part of this workout was the Tabata finisher. Not because this circuit marked the end of the workout, but because I had to really will myself to finish it and I loved the challenge! Do you all love that feeling as well?

There’s been quite a bit of rain in my area lately so I’ve been on a filming spree to take advantage of the lawncare-free days. I still look ridiculous patrolling my apartment grounds to search for lawncare machinery before I even attempt to record. You just never know when a weed whacker is going to pop out of a bush (for some reason I imagine there’s no one operating the machinery).

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this challenging workout! Looking forward to reading your thoughts and reactions.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha