Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Video: Pure Strength Circuits With Low-Impact HIIT

Good morning, Fitness Blender!

Today’s workout is an all-out effort to increase muscle endurance and strength. Check it out here:

Pure Strength Circuits With 12-Minute HIIT

4 strength circuits target different areas of the body to make this a total body experience. We even threw in a low-impact HIIT round that emphasizes core strength and stability! To complete this workout, you will need a set of moderate/heavy weights as well as something a bit lighter. For reference, I used a set of 20-lb and 10-lb dumbbells. 

The best part about this routine is that it is low impact and (mostly) knee friendly. I designed this to accommodate achy joints, grumpy knees, and days when you don’t feel like jumping around. We’ve rated it as a Level 3 out of 5 difficulty but could feel like a 4 depending on your weight selection and effort during the HIIT/core circuit. 

On a personal note, I was fairly sore after filming as this was a rather new workout format for my baby muscles. I tend to lift in a “fast and furious” manner, so working with 2-minute timers definitely challenged my body. One of my goals for the upcoming year is to explore new areas of fitness, including different workout formats. Hope you like this chance of pace, and I’ll see you shortly! 

- Kayla