Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

Studying + Workout Complete

Good morning FB Family, how is everyone today?

I started off my morning with Aly's new yoga balance workout. I really enjoyed it. I didn't actually plan on working out this morning, I kind of fell into it. I was sitting next to Loki while he wrestled around on the floor with his new stuffed animal (a treasured gift from my parents haha), and I popped open the FB Community, saw the new workout and just jumped straight in. There was less *thinking* about it, and more just getting started - I like that. Yoga is humbling in such a strange way, it's challenging for me. To me, this probably means that I need more of it. I'm planning on spending more time with Marina & Aly in 2023, adding yoga into my regular routine, for both the mental and physical health benefits.

Do you have any kinds of training that you're looking to try this year, something that you've not done a lot of before that you want to get better at? I wonder, are there kinds of training styles that you find to be surprisingly humbling, or challenging for you? When you encounter that feeling of being a beginner in skill level, or aware of your newness, do you lean into it, or avoid it?

Today I'm studying for tests to keep my personal training certification up to date. It's always fun learning about new things and it always ends up inspiring new takes in the content and workouts that I write. This time around, I'm studying a few different topics: 1) a new course on comprehensive, compound, functional strength training 2) corrective exercises (exercising with chronic pain, corrective training & education on fascia - I love this subject, it's incredibly fascinating) and 3) a course on helping keep fitness accessible/approachable to all body types and fitness levels (addressing the weight bias that exists within this industry - as well as many other industries, to be honest). I'm excited. I love learning and the way it inspires new ideas.

I might do more of a workout later today but I plan on keeping it light - I am feeling really tired, and I know that it's not the smartest to push myself physically when I feel like that. So maybe I'll treat myself to a light Pilates/stretching combo in front of a movie with my family, later after work. What about you, are you working out today?

I can't believe there's only a few days left of this year. It went by so fast. Our entire team is really excited to be able to share all of the things we've been working on. There's a ton of new content, and lots of new surprises coming your way in 2023 and it starts this Sunday: Day 1 of the new free 5 Day Challenge will be live, and so will the brand new 4 Week FB Strong (!!). It's going to be a great first week.

I hope you have a good day, wish me luck on my studying!

Edited