A
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB+ Year Results and 2023 Goals

Around this time last year, my goal was to finish all of the FB programs, both old and new with FB+. I accumulated loads of programs since 2014, but never actually completed them.

At the time I started this challenge, I was obese with a stressful, consulting job where I was always traveling, but it was a toxic environment (think Big 4) and relied on loads of processed food to deal with the intense work load and toxic people.

The positives I noticed were:

1. Increased Concentration when working out in the morning

2. Increased weight amount

3. Decreased inches (will do breakdown of inches lost after finishing last challenge)

4. Decreased work stress in order to get a new role

I was able to finish these programs:

1. FB Blend - 4

2. FB Abs R2

3. FB Flex

4. FB Fit R2

5. FB Booty

6. Reboot

7. Benchmark

8. Fit 30

9. FB Fit R3

And these challenges:

1. FB Fit 3 day 2 week challenge

2. FB Pilates Immersion Challenge

The next challenges I want to finish are:

1. FB Fit Abs

2. Mobility

3. Strong R3

4. Reboot/Fusion/Mass/Stretch/FB 30/You/Reach/etc.. Challenges

5. Re-do: FB Complete/FB Reboot/FB Abs R2, Benchmark

6. Mixing in new workouts and creating routines - Love a mixture of total body mixed with Pilates/mobility/yoga/resistance bands

What's next for 2023? I'd like to continue with calorie counting until I'm back to where I was before the pandemic and started a horrible job. I'm realizing that calorie counting is needed for me since I stress eat so often and am always traveling, but I recently got a new job that's remote and I don't need to travel anymore, so I'd like to focus on cooking more this year. I got a few cookbooks and have FB+'s meal plans, so I'd like to focus on that this year.

My goal is to get good at using spices, meal plan, make exciting meals, and not eat out of boredom/stress. I'd like to learn how to eat intuitively with whole food. I would also like to not eat processed food the way that I have been for the past 2 years. I relied too much on processed food and didn't make the best choices. I'm not good at cooking at all, and I'd like to get better at that.

I'd like to do more prehab and mobility workouts, in addition to strength training and Pilates/yoga, which are the routines I'll be making outside of the programs. I realized from doing so many programs that that's the combination that works best for me, as well as that HIIT just doesn't work for me anymore - it increases my cortisol levels too much. 1 hour workouts are perfect for me, and I really love doing Pilates right after strength training.

I'd like to get more balance in my life next year in regards to sleep, stress, and food. 2022 gave me a great workout habit, and I'd like to be more balanced and focus on meditation, tracking sleep, and eating healthier next year.

I'm excited to finish the rest of the challenges for the year, then start on the new Strong program in January! Thank you to the entire FB+ team and commentators for literally changing my life in so many great ways! I'm looking forward to a healthier lifestyle in 2023.