Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

New Workout: Sweaty Lower Body Strength Supersets + Pilates Burnout

Good morning!

I hope your day is off to a good start, and I also hope you’re ready for a new workout: 

Lower Body Superset Strength Training - Sweaty Strength Intervals with a Pilates Burnout

This workout uses my favorite way to train; strength supersets completed back to back, with little enough rest that the routine ends up being a cardiovascular challenge, as well as a strength one. I’ve used some of my favorite lower body strength exercises, the ones I’ve really been gravitating to the most lately, along with a couple of unique Pilates inspired exercises that really round out the lifting routine. 

Here’s the breakdown of this 38 minute workout:
6 Minute Warm Up
25 Minute Strength Supersets + Pilates Burnout
6 Minute Cool Down and Stretch

All you need for this workout is a set of dumbbells, but even with just your own bodyweight, you can still get in a great workout.

This workout was a lot of fun to film and I enjoyed the challenge. By the time I finished filming the workout, I felt so much less stressed out than when I started. It never fails to amaze me how much movement can shift a mood. Do you find that exercise impacts your mood, in the short or long term? Is there a kind of training that you tend to seek out when you are looking for a shift in mood? Are there types of training that you avoid when you’re in a less-than-ideal mood? Do you find that your mood impacts your training or training preferences at all? Feel free to share your experience. 

I hope that this workout treats you well. Happy workout complete!

Kelli