Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

New Workout! Lower Body Strength Workout Without Squats or Lunges

Hello FB Family! Kelli here with a brand new workout for you! This is a lower body strength workout which provides a well-rounded challenge, without any squats or lunges. 

Note: This is a FB Plus release, but Plus is free for everyone today! Come earn a Workout Complete with me and check out all the things that Plus has to offer. 

Lower Body Strength Training Workout Without Squats or Lunges

If you’re currently looking to avoid squats or lunges, or, if you enjoy lower body workouts that use less conventional strength building moves, you might like this routine that helps you target all of the muscles of the glutes and thighs.

For the record, lunges or squats are not inherently bad for your knees — assuming that proper form and thoughtful training progression are implemented. In fact, both of these moves can help strengthen and support healthy knees. Both are functional movements that many of us do all throughout our days and lives. But, squats and lunges aren’t what we’re here for today! So let’s talk about the workout we’re about to jump into:

Workout Breakdown
4 Minute Warm Up
8-16 Minutes Strength Training with Weights
8-16 Minutes Bodyweight Lower Body Mat Exercises
4 Minute Cool Down and Stretch

The length and focus of this routine are easily adjustable; you can repeat either the strength section, or the floor exercise portion, depending on what training style you most want to focus on and how much time you have. As it stands, the workout, warm up and cool down come in at just under 26 minutes, making this a great workout for when you're short on time. You won’t need any equipment for this routine, however, dumbbells and/or resistance bands are easy ways to step up the challenge. 

I'm currently doing our new Free 2 Week Challenge - I'll be jumping into Week 2 tomorrow. I'm really enjoying it so far; the workouts are right around 30 minutes and it's been helpful with keeping me consistent. Are you following along with the challenge too? What day are you on?

I'll be filming again soon, so please let me know what you would like to see me film next! I've been really delving into both strength training and mobility work lately, so that's on my radar. Otherwise, maybe some more walking workouts? Maybe some Pilates? HIIT? Any specific requests, let me know.

I hope you enjoy this new workout. Thank you for working out with me, thank you for working out with us!

- Kelli