Perspiration Pals Monday November 14th

Hello Pals. Welcome to the start of a new week. How's it looking for you from Monday's perspective? Is the path ahead straight and even or are you anticipating more of a tightrope style navigation through the next several days?

As I've been doing yoga regularly again it has become quite clear that my balance is not what it once was. Although I always found poses such as tree pose challenging, I find myself off kilter in poses that used to be a piece of cake like warrior three and half moon (both one legged poses for those not familiar with yoga lingo). Heck, even some poses with both feet on the ground find me flailing. And as far as strength and balance, I've always had discrepancies between my left and my right, but my left side is that much more unstable from spraining my ankle this past summer. Clearly I still have some strengthening and practicing to do. I'd be interested to hear how your balance is. Do you find there is a big difference between one side and the other? Do you work on those imbalances to try to improve the weaker side? Do you test yourself by following along with some of the fabulous FB balancing and proprioception videos? I must admit they are generally not my favorites and because my balance isn't great, I do the easy thing and mostly avoid them. But I have actually found one that I actually had fun with, https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/bodyweight-balance-workout-to-improve-proprioception-and-coordination, and I plan to give it another whirl once I finish the yoga challenge I'm currently working my way through to see if I've made any improvements.

Even if we're physically feeling a bit wobbly, we can look forward to balanced meals right? What kind of nutritious and delicious foods have you got in store for today? I have the last of my turkey and sweet potato chili for lunch and I'll be making this easy and delicious FB recipe favorite for dinner: https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/cajun-inspired-salmon-with-tomato-corn-and-cauliflower-rice.

And now over to you Pals. I look forward to chatting with you below about your workouts for the day or the week and whatever else you want to share. May the wind be at your back to help keep you on your feet as you move through the week ahead!