Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Fit Round 3 complete!

Started this on October 3 and finished this morning (October 28). #Fittober 😉

(NB: Program wasn't completed as-is. I skipped one day, switched out workouts on Days 11 and 12 for ones I'd not done before but were similar-ish, and swapped out the extra credit on Day 17 for one I hadn't done before. On Day 5 I added an extra warm-up.)

When setting movement goals toward the start of the year, one of them was to complete one of the three rounds of Fit. I had completed Fit30 back in March, but I didn't count it toward my goal as it was a variation. 😉 I opted for this round since: 1) it's included with a Plus membership, which I have (side note that you don't need a Plus membership to do this program; you can purchase it outright), and 2) it's only four weeks long instead of the eight weeks that the first two rounds are.

The three rounds of Fit are considered by a number of Blenders to be among Fitness Blender's toughest programs. Fit 3 was a bit of a challenge, but I think -- at least in my experience -- I would still say Bodyweight 2 tops that some.

I noticed a little bit of crossover with various other programs I own, but not a ton. K&D seem to have their favourite workouts that come up in multiple programs. Can't blame them, really. A lot of us have our favourite workouts that we probably revisit often (maybe even more so for those of us fond of self-scheduling). Several of my own faves from the last little while come up in Fit 3.

There is a little bit of difference if you're doing Fit 3 as a free user versus with a Plus membership.

* Regardless of membership status there is one day (Day 9) where you have two main workouts to choose from. If you have Plus you have four additional days where you can choose one of two main workouts.

* HIIT features in seven of the main workouts for free users who paid for Fit 3. For Plus users, Days 3 and 8 give two HIIT options for main workouts, and Day 22 gives you the choice between a free workout featuring HIIT or a Plus workout that doesn't. Out of the nine main workouts featuring HIIT available to Plus members, the maximum of those you'd do would still be seven (minimum six).

There are nineteen extra credit workouts available to all (one on each workout day except for the last one); three of them feature HIIT. (You could find yourself doing as many as ten workouts with HIIT this way.) Of those nineteen extra credit workouts, I did three of them (counting the one I swapped out for a different workout I'd never done).

As I said, I was challenged. I'm glad I did this, but I don't think I'll be purchasing either Fit 1 or 2 any time soon. Four weeks of Fit 3 were plenty for me.

8/10