Introduction/SI Joint Pain Question

Hey guys, I recently joined FB about a month ago and I thought I would introduce myself. I am 20 years old and I have been an athlete for most of my life. I ran track for quite some time but quit 2 years ago due to injury/personal reasons. I have had lower back pain from my track career which I now know is from my SI Joint. I was wondering if anyone else has pain in their SI Joint as well and what you do for it?

I guess my first mistake was looking online for answers. I read that it is basically bad to do any type of heavy lifting and squats, which I love doing!! I know when I was in track we did lots of heavy lifting (squatting almost 100lbs) and I know this was part of what contributed to my SI Joint pain, as well as the constant running. I took about a year break from lifting after I quit track and I would just run a few miles each day instead. But, that became boring after 2 years and now I am here doing FB workouts!

After my research on the internet, I am worried about continuing lifting and wondering if that will contribute to even more pain in the long run. I enjoy lifting and do not want to stop any time soon! I usualy lift about the same weight as Kelli for squats and deadlifts, which so far hasn't caused much pain.

Sorry for the ramble guys, but if anyone has any advice or information, I would love to know!

Thanks!!

Jessica