Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Functional Training for Core Strength

Hey, Fitness Blender! 

It’s a great day for some core work, wouldn’t you agree? Try something different with today’s release: 

Weighted Core Strength

In this workout, we explore functional movements to strengthen the core, hips, and back muscles. As the concluding part of our Core Correction series, you’ll fight against gravity and extra weight as you take your body through new movement patterns. And as we’ve previously learned, new movement patterns usually equals sore muscles for the next day! 

Can’t remember what we did in the first part of the series? Refresh your memory here and here. While these types of workouts are effective for almost everyone, I created this mini series with the intention of helping those with specific health concerns, like poor core activation after birth or those who struggle with low back pain. While these workouts are no substitute for individualized care and physical therapy, they are a valuable resource to prevent additional problems from occurring. 

This routine was particularly helpful for me as I work on my cueing strategy during working intervals. Thanks to your feedback, I am more mindful of my presentation throughout the main circuits and have been incorporating demonstrations during the rest breaks. I hope your workout experience with this series has been positive, and I am looking forward to creating others like it!

- Kayla