Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Question to the boulderers

Hello fellow boulderers,

How do you structure your FB workouts around the bouldering? If I follow one of the typical programs (which I enojoy a lot), I end up working the upper body muscles more. My lower body is pretty strong so even though I use it in bouldering, it is not worked in the same way as upper body and core.

For example, yesterday, I was bouldering and my next scheduled workout is upper body. I'm definitely taking a rest day today (total body soreness :-) ) but I'm wondering how I want to continue tomorrow. I could just go on with upper body tomorrow, or I could postpone the program another day and schedule a lower body workout tomorrow (continuing the program with the upper body day after that). I've done both in the past, depending on how I felt. How do you handle this?

Another option that somehow kinda feels wrong is to substitue regular upper body workouts with a bouldering session. Do any of you do this?

At the moment, I don't go bouldering often so this has not been a major concern, but a promising looking bouldering gym just opened close to my home so I might bump that up to 1-2 times a week.

Curious to hear how you plan your workouts around the bouldering :-)