Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Pilates for the Arms and Abs

Hi FB Fam!

I hope you are having a great week and are ready for this fun and different Pilates workout today. You only need a mat and a light set of dumbbells, and in 47-minutes, you will have your "Workout Complete" and wonder how time went by so quickly.

Pilates for the Arms and Abs

In this routine, we have a 5-minute warm-up and a 5-minute cool-down at the end. In the body of the workout, we have 16 exercises that we repeat three times in intervals of 30 seconds on and 10 seconds off. I have included modifications throughout and in the write-up. The two easiest and quickest modifications for this routine are to change the weight you are holding or your range of motion. I rated this routine a 3/5 difficulty, but you could make it closer to a 2/5 or a 4/5 depending on your weights and the range of motion you move through. 

This routine is fun because it is an upper-body-focused Pilates workout with weights, which I haven't created before. I enjoyed creating it because it made me step outside my comfort zone of lower-body Pilates and create something new! Have you stepped outside your comfort zone recently? Let me know; I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for working out with me!

-Amanda