Hi FB Family!
I hope you are having a great week. I am excited to introduce my newest and—I think—most challenging Pilates routine. We have a mix of mat and barre exercises that will leave your legs shaking!
This routine is 30-minutes long and focuses on your core and hip muscles. There is no warm-up, but there is a well-deserved 5-minute cool-down at the end. You might want to take a quick break after the mat portion to grab a sip of water because there is no official water break. This will let your hip muscles rest a little before heading to the barre.
During the barre portion, I want you to pay close attention to your low back. It is very easy to compensate and use your low back to lift your leg up and down when you start to get tired. That said, move slowly and with precision. Keep your belly engaged to help you maintain the rib-to-hip connection. Only lift your leg as high as you can maintain a stable spine.
If you are interested in other barre routines, check these out:
- Kayla's Barre-Inspired Total Body and Core Workout to Tone and Lift
- 30 minutes, 3/5 difficulty
- My Ballet-Inspired Lower Body Strength
- 31 minutes, 3/5 difficulty
- Kayla's Ballet-Inspired Total Body Sculpting with Resistance Bands
- 43 minutes, 4/5 difficulty
Thanks for working out with me!