Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Fit30

Hi everyone! Following: long appreciation ramble.

I am at my last week of the Fit30 program (started on Aug 1), I have followed it religiously, and most times choosing the longer/harder workout option. I have also changed immensely my diet (that *does* matter particularly in my case, as it eliminates specific foods that are a no-no for Hashimoto's disease, which is what I have, so there was no way around it, I had to change it, or I would've just kept gaining weight for no logic reason, plus all the bone and joint issues that I'm still trying to recover from).

SO...it's been a journey, and I'm still figuring some things out, but I have to say, these are my results (in the window Aug 11-24 alone): I lost 4 cm in my waist line, 2 cm in my abdomen, 2 cm in my hips, and I have gained 1 cm in my biceps and in my neck. My thighs are the same in cm, but way more toned than before, I can see the muscle shape above the knee now, while it was gone before. 🥳

*Side note* - I also started using weights again only a couple months ago, cause I had to move abroad back home and for the last few months in the US I was doing everything bodyweight or with bands, so I lost a lot of muscle mass, paired with the sedentary life from my previous office job.

That, I believe, is crucial. I have kept a much more active life here in Italy, and it's paying off. I ride my bike or walk to almost anywhere (cause it is possible here, I get that), but don't get me wrong, my thyroid issues have slowed down my progress by a lot, it has been a slow journey since October 2021, when I was diagnosed and started the medication for it, and I still need to find the right dosage (!!!); I started lifting little to no weight back in June, had very reduced flexibility, and I hated feeling so behind compared to what it used to be, but I had to accept what my body was going through, and help it instead. So I started slow, and I mean literally I was moving slow when exercising. Even if I was used to know myself as a fast paced one. That was me in that moment, and I embraced and respected it (and thank you guys for stressing out that concept a lot in your videos, it is so important). I'm a huge "modifier", and it has helped progressing, a lot. - * end of note*

I am thoroughly enjoying this program, I got 3 days left and I am feeling so much more coordinated, flexible and strong! My pushups have slightly improved (but that changes depending on the day, and I accept it), I can lift more, my balance has improved, alongside with the results mentioned above. I think this is a great program, probably one of my favorite ones so far. And just so you know, I am collecting all my favorite workouts and creating so many routines!! Being a Plus member has a ton of advantages, but hey, even the older workouts are fantastic! Matter of fact, I am starting an older program next week, I love to revisit those workouts a few years later. Bottomline, once again, thank you FB for creating such great content and for constantly trying to provide more options to make everybody happy. 🙌🏻

[Ramble Complete]

Edited