Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout: Upper Body Ladder Strength Circuits with Cardio Tabata Intermissions

Good morning FB Family! 

Today’s workout release is the long-awaited upper body counterpart to the Lower Body Ladder Strength Circuits with Cardio Tabata Intermissions workout:  

Upper Body Strength with HIIT Intermissions: Ladder Circuits for Endurance

If you haven’t been longing for an upper body version of the lower body routine, just pretend like you have been to humor me. This workout contains several gifts for you. There are three exercises in each ladder circuit (you only had two in the lower body version). You get to complete a Tabata primer exercise before diving into the full Tabata circuit. Frogger hops make an appearance. Best of all, these gifts cost me no extra expenses other than an additional liter of sweat. 

Your goal is to ascend each upper body strength ladder by reps of two and then descend this same ladder with the goal of getting back to your starting rep count in the same allotted time. The ladders are sufficiently challenging on their own but having a two-exercise Tabata circuit sandwiched between your ladder ascension and descension will push you to use your breathwork to maintain a steady pace throughout the fatiguing strength endurance efforts.  

Show some excitement for this workout in the comments below! I was super pumped to film this routine until I got to the lateral squat jumps with reaches in the first Tabata circuit. Check the footage — my pace slows and I try to talk my way through showing alternatives instead of demoing them, haha. The water break was much needed for me, not just for a physical break but also for an attitude adjustment. Do you all pep talk yourselves during the water breaks, too? 

I hope you enjoy this workout! 

See you on the screen!

-Tasha