Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Restorative Pilates

Hi FB Family!

I hope you are having a great week and are excited about my newest Pilates routine. This one is quite different from my other routines because it focuses on restoration, balance, and relaxation.  

Restorative Pilates: Exercises and Stretches for Strength and Relaxation

I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts the other day, and the special guest on the episode was an author. The host asked the author, who recently wrote a personal development book, why they wrote the book and what their inspiration was. The author said that they wrote the book because it was something that they needed to write for themselves. So if this author wrote the book because it was something they needed, then I created this routine because it was something I needed. 

I have recently been leaning heavily towards fast-paced routines focusing on strength, cardio, or power. While those workouts are important and beneficial in their own right, restorative routines are valuable in their own way, too. 

This routine combines classic Pilates moves to help strengthen and tone your body with intermittent intervals of lower body stretching. There is a 15-second break between each interval to allow for a few more repetitions, time to adjust the resistance band or take a few deep breaths to re-center yourself.

This routine is meant to stand on its own, so instead of providing recommendations for workouts to pair this one with, I will tell you three of my current favorites!

Thanks for working out with me!

-Amanda