Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout: Total Body AMRAP with Core Finisher

Good morning FB Family! 

Today’s workout release is less than 30 minutes and perfect for those days when you’re seeking a time-efficient, intense effort: 

Express Strength and Power Circuit: Total Body AMRAP with Core Finisher

You will continuously progress through seven reps of three exercises in the AMRAP circuit (as many rounds as possible), keeping track of how many rounds you finish to benchmark your performance for future attempts at this workout. The three exercises combine focuses on strength, power, and cardio for a quick but heart-pumping seven-minute circuit. One of the main challenges of AMRAP workouts is settling into a consistent pace of moderate intensity that ensures you won’t burnout within the beginning rounds of the interval. Review the write-up for some tips and pointers on how to set yourself up for a positive AMRAP experience, including weight selection. The core finisher includes one of your favorite exercises. That’s really all I want to say about the core finisher.

I find the mental challenge of AMRAP style workouts more difficult than the physical demand. Yes, I’m aware of my “oh my goodness” out of breath huffing and puffing, but the mental focus needed to press on through the discomfort is what often stumps me. But I love it! With each workout attempt, I get a little more comfortable being uncomfortable and build the mental fortitude needed to tackle increasingly challenging workouts. 

Don’t skip the warm-up and don’t pay attention to me miscounting reps, completing too many reps, and pulling reps out of thin air. Most importantly, enjoy (safely) challenging yourself!

See you on the screen!

-Tasha