Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout: 28-Min Core Circuits with Sliding Discs

Good morning FB Family!

Are you ready for some core work? With sliding discs? No worries, I’ll answer both questions for you: Yes! Today’s workout release contains a variety of planks and core-focused movement patterns that will spark a little fire in the core in under 30 minutes:  

Core Strength Circuits with Sliding Discs

Sliding discs (or any alternative object with similar sliding capabilities) increase the difficulty of this workout by adding an element of instability to each exercise; however, if you do not have sliding discs or comparable gliding objects, you can still tackle this workout equipment-free and experience a sizeable challenge for your core. 

Sliding discs require you to use your full body for controlled, coordinated movement patterns with extra recruitment of the abdominals, glutes, hip flexors, and mid/lower back muscles to maintain proper form throughout each exercise. The continuous muscle tension from constant contact with the discs increases time under tension for many muscles to improve strength and kinesthetic awareness. Make sure to peek at the write-up for a few additional benefits of adding sliding discs to your workouts, suggestions for sliding discs alternatives, and how to approach this workout sans equipment. 

I initially filmed this workout on my regular flooring but hated the sound of the discs against the floor (because the microphone amplifies every sound, good or bad). After reviewing the footage, I immediately searched online for a small space rug, purchased it, and prepped to film again the next day with my wardrobe-matching rug. Two days in a row of this workout was a special burn. Only for you, FB Family! 

In other news, I finally finished FB Benchmark! Lots of workout swaps, mix-and-matching, and rescheduling of workouts to accommodate my filming and running schedule, but I made it to the end. Should I start the FB Strong Runner challenge now? How many of you have started this challenge? 

Make sure to preview the workout and practice using your sliding discs/alternatives before pressing play on the workout – proper form is key for an effective, safe workout! Let us know how you feel about sliding disc workouts in the comments below. Throughout my teaching experiences, they’ve been polarizing pieces of equipment, haha. 

See you on the screen! 

-Tasha