Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 30-Min Upper Body Strength Circuit with Bear Crawl Core Intermissions

Enjoy today’s 30-minute upper body-focused routine with several special appearances from the bear crawl:

Upper Body Strength Circuit with Bear Crawl Core Intermissions 

In this workout, you will complete three rounds of a four-exercise upper body circuit with bear crawl intermissions between these rounds. As you are only completing one round of the circuit at a time, feel free to (safely) challenge your weight selections but be mindful of the potential fatigue from the bear crawl variations. 

Note that this routine is rated as a level 4 workout due to the inclusion of and time spent in a bear crawl position; however, with modifications to the bear crawl variations, you can turn this workout into a level 3. Make sure to read the write-up ahead of time for alternative exercises for each bear crawl variation. If you have any concerns about being in a prone/bear crawl position for extended periods of time (injury, soreness, a fear of bears, etc.), you can substitute supine (head facing ceiling) or forearm plank core exercises for any of the bear crawls. 

I remember that I enjoyed filming this workout (per usual), but I mostly remember trying to make sure that I finished filming before the thunderstorms rolled through that morning. I have a minor fear of thunderstorms (and other weather-related natural disasters), the eye doctor, spider plants, and running out of food on road trips. When the exits on the highway are few and far between, I get a little finnicky. Honestly, I travel with a snack to drive three miles up the road. You just never know. Anyone else have “interesting” fears or aversions? 

Back to the workout at hand! Enjoy this routine as a standalone workout or feel free to tack on a short HIIT or lower body workout. Use the duration filter to find cardio/HIIT and lower body workouts that are less than 30 minutes in duration – there are plenty of options!   

Let us know how you enjoy this workout and the bear crawls! 

See you on the screen! 

-Tasha