#projectdeckcomplete: upper body, cardio, yoga and endurance?!

Hubs and me had promised our son to help him with the deck in his garden. Last Monday we removed rotten planks and started wirebrushing the remaining planks… then last Friday we continued the project.

Wirebrushing (a hideously tedious job): upper body for sure

Sawing old planks (to fit in the car to take to the dump): upper body plus core engaged

Measuring the empty spaces (several times to stop making mistakes) and measuring the new planks: cardio up and down steps, walking/running back and forth from the sawing area up at the top to the deck at the bottom

Sawing the new planks to size: upper body, staggered stance and core engaged

Lifting planks and putting them in place: upper body and cardio

Oiling all the new planks and the sides of the old planks, i.e. lifting and turning planks, upper body and legs folded in all sorts of (yoga) poses

Once all planks had been screwed in oiling the whole deck: upper body, funny yoga poses, with lifting the cans of oil: upper body

Keeping Bonnie, the puppy, away from the deck area and running up and down the garden with her: cardio

What’s with endurance then? Well, with it taking 3 days of five or six hours in total, I reckon one can call that endurance!!!

Do you consider projects like that as fitness? Do you have any projects you want to get done? How would you describe the fitness aspects involved?!

Photo: the result this Sunday afternoon! We are mightily pleased with the result.

Photo in reply: sawing one of the new planks; the deck when we started on Friday morning

Edited