Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 48-Min Upper Body Supersets with Bodyweight Core Intermissions

Good morning FB Family! 

Prepare yourself for a variety of facial expressions, lots of “wow’s,” and the occasional “oh my goodness” in today’s upper body-focused workout release:

Upper Body Supersets with Bodyweight Core Intermissions

Supersets are a time efficient method of training with minimal recovery time between work efforts. In this workout, the focus on the same muscle groups during each superset along with the small tempo changes between these exercises quickly exhausts the target muscles. During the bodyweight core intermissions, you alternate between prone and supine positions with several planking and crunching variations. Note that this workout is rated as a level 4 because of the format of the weighted circuits and the core strength required for some of the core exercises. Decreasing your weight selections and using the exercise modifications could adjust your perceived effort to that of a level 3 workout.

I activated my superhero vibes for this workout with my hot pink pants. Despite my many grunts and sighs, I felt super strong before, during, and after this routine! I’m currently preparing to film another upper body workout and channeling the positive feelings from this workout. I absolutely love strength training and weightlifting!  But upper body work requires a little extra pep talk for me, because the muscles in my upper body tend to “expire” sooner than my lower body and that annoys me. This is totally normal by the way - the muscles in our upper body are smaller, produce less contractile force, and are quicker to fatigue than our leg muscles. Once I get over my initial annoyance, I love challenging myself with upper body workouts (within reasonable limits of course) and rewarding myself with a post-workout flex party afterwards. You’re probably laughing but we all love a good post-workout flex!

I’m also still slowly working through FB Benchmark! Very slowly, haha. I hit pause on the program whenever I’m filming to allow for proper recovery time for running and to make sure that you all get the best of me on-screen. Is anyone else still working through the program with me? My brain is spinning with ideas for additional challenges and programs.

I hope you enjoy this workout! 48 minutes will fly by, I promise. If you need a distraction during the muscle burn, just count the number of times I say “wow” or “oh my goodness.” Or “goodness gracious.” Or any other Tasha-ism that pops up more than once. 

See you on the screen!

-Tasha