Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Video: 12-Minute Core for Runners: Improving Rotational Control

Blender Family,

There’s a strong need for more running-friendly content to support your hard-earned miles, and we love to deliver. We think you’ll love this one: 

12-Minute Core for Runners: Improving Rotational Control

Unlock greater running potential by gaining better rotational control over your core and midsection. This workout addresses hip stability, rotational power, and motor control to help you move more efficiently during those tempo runs and race pace workouts. 

But, don’t let the workout title deter you. Nearly every active person should train to improve rotational core strength. Without it, you’re putting yourself at serious risk for poor movement patterns or injury, especially during plyometric exerciises that require some serious coordination and total-body strength. 

Confused by the term, “rotational strength?” Head over to the write-up to learn more about the technical definition as well as some examples to bring the concept to real life. 

I can think of very few occasions that necessitate running on my part - with the exception of running late, of course. That being said, as a parent, this workout includes several muscle pairings that we need on a daily basis. Engaged obliques while loading dishes from the sink to the dishwasher? Check. Deep core and pelvic floor when semi-crawling around in the trunk for the sippy cup? Double check. Those who enjoy gardening, volunteering outdoors, hiking/camping, or swimming would also benefit from these dynamic moves. 

These themed workouts keep my brain on its toes. Put on your creative hat and share which themed workout you wish to see next! 

- Kayla