Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 47-Min Lower Body Ladder Strength Circuits with Cardio Tabata Intermissions

Good morning FB Family! 

If you’re feeling adventurous and have fresh legs, then today’s workout release is a great option for a lower body challenge: 

Lower Body Ladder Strength Circuits with Cardio Tabata Intermissions

In this workout, you will ladder-up and ladder-down two strength circuits with a traditional Tabata circuit sandwiched between the two ladders (plot twist!). Thus, you will make note of where you left off with your rep count during the ladder-up circuit, complete a four-minute bodyweight cardio Tabata circuit, and then start with your ending ladder-up rep count to climb back down the ladder towards your starting reps. And because two is better than one, there is another plot twist to this workout: you will increase/decrease your reps by counts of two. Hurray! 

Breaking up the ladder-style strength circuits with a Tabata increases the challenge of repeating your efforts up and down the ladder. Focus on your breathwork during both working and recovery intervals – rhythmic breaths that fill the lungs with as much as air as possible will help you regulate your breathing! 

Note that there is a preparatory primer circuit during which you get to practice all strength moves with light weights (for you) before starting the main circuits. Knowing that you have this opportunity for an extra warm-up, I invite you to challenge yourself with heavy weights (for you) during the main workout but know that as you fatigue or your form starts to falter you can lower your weights and/or take breaks. 

If at any point during the workout you need a distraction, just count the many times that I nearly wipeout on my own sweat. There are plenty of wobbles and bobbles, squeaky sneaker moments, foot slips, and glances of fear directed towards the camera. 

Enjoy and I’ll see you on the screen!

-Tasha