Mental challenge while tacking older old workouts...

So today I decided to tackle one of those "old" old workouts that are even too old to be included in oldest FB programs. I ended up choosing this kettlebell workout: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/full-length-kettlebell-workout-video-high-intensity-total-body-routine. If you sort workout videos by "oldest", it is the first one on page 2 lol.

Heck, this was the hardest FB workout I've ever done, and I have done A LOT OF 5/5 workouts. It is criminal this video is just 4/5, the comment section proving my point. Of course I knew it was going to be hard, as old FB workouts tend to be more physically demanding than newer ones. This one was especially brutal: large number of repetitions, minimum rest, and endless swing motions. Halfway through the video, my legs were shaky and I was too breathless to not pause for extra break.

However those physical challenges are not what I want to highlight here... there is a mental component as well. Here is the thing: In older old videos with more than one rounds of same sequence, the video segment of Round 2+ is the copy-paste of Round 1!! So... it was like... I was doing three times as much as what Daniel had to do for filming...

Usually it's just a cheeky complaint of "I thought we were workout buddies?😭" but today my inner voice was screaming "Daniel, can YOU even do these three rounds nonstop?!😫" I mean, in newer workouts we can feel our trainers are humans just like all of us (albeit stronger) while working out together and watching them struggle, huff and puff, or demonstrate less brutal modifications... At least we know that those whole routines are something a human can do and already did in real time! With copy-paste I sometimes am not fully convinced if the trainer can keep up with their own video without extra rest or modification🥲 Round 3 Daniel isn't likely as strong as Round 1 Daniel, right?

So yeah... it adds an extra layer of challenge when I feel as if I lost my workout buddy and become a whiny brat. With that being said, I still enjoy exploring old FB workouts BECAUSE they are challenging! Kelli and Daniel created contents of great diversity, and it's always fun to try new things.

Edited