Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Free Workout: Gentle Yoga: Total Body Restorative Flow

This gentle yoga practice combines the best of a restorative yoga flow and a vinyasa yoga flow; release tight muscles and stiff joints and leave your practice feeling rejuvenated! 

Gentle Yoga: Total Body Restorative Flow

This practice is a great introduction to a vinyasa and/or power yoga flow, as well as a beneficial practice to take on an active recovery day or to wind down your evenings. 

As always, feel free to add or take away any movements that your body calls for; you are your best teacher, so flow with the pace of your breath, even if it doesn’t align with my queueing. 

With this slower-paced practice, I invite you to tune in deep to your breath and to how each movement feels in your body. Note observations where you feel like you’re holding onto more tension; notice if a movement feels different on one side of the body versus the other; explore your default movement patterns (i.e. “Do I always step with my right foot first?”), and be open to finding something new with every movement (i.e. “What if I step with my left foot first?”)–even if the movement is familiar. The challenge is to stay present and mindful, rather than shifting into auto-pilot. If you feel your mind judging or creating stories, or simply wandering,  try choosing a word or phrase that resonates with you; when you catch your awareness somewhere other than your breath and/or body, lovingly call yourself back to the present moment using your word/phrase as your single point of focus.

Enjoy your practice, and let me know what other content you would like to see in the future! 

Marina