Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 47-Min Total Body Strength Complex

Good morning FB Family!

Despite my many odd facial expressions in the video, I loved working through the strength complex and thoroughly enjoyed filming this heart-pumping routine: 

Total Body Strength Complex with Bodyweight Finishers

I created this workout as a sequel to the Full Body Strength Complex with Bodyweight Core Finisher workout with a few format tweaks to elevate your training experience. During the seven-exercise complex, you will alternate between weighted lower and upper body exercises, finishing with push-ups and a core-centric move. One of your main goals during a complex is to maintain the same pair of weights for each exercise from start to finish, moving quickly from one move to the next with minimal rest. Pick your weights based on what you can press overhead for the Arnold press, typically the lowest common denominator of all the exercises. If you choose to switch out your weights between upper and lower body moves, be mindful of the quick 10-second transitions. Make sure to review the write-up for a few ways to use complexes to benchmark your progress (as well as for a couple tips on the bodyweight finisher). 

Are there other workouts for which you’d like to see a sequel? A part III? I’m in workout brainstorming mode right now! I have workout idea lists on my phone, on my computer, in various notebooks, receipts, random pieces of paper, and swirling around in my head. You can help me add ideas to every single one of these lists. 

I’m also trying to take advantage of the warm weather right now before the air turns humid and sticky, so my outdoor runs and walks have been plentiful. Plus, I’m slowly working my way through FB Benchmark (just finished week 1!) while being mindful of my energy levels and mindset each day. I love trying out workouts from other content creators! Everyone has a different approach to movement and it’s refreshing. I hope everyone else who’s working on FB Benchmark feels the same way! 

Enjoy this workout and don’t forget to comment below on which workouts you think should have a sequel or round out a trilogy. 

See you on the screen!

-Tasha